Who We Are
The Association for Psychological Type International (APTi), founded in 1979, is an international membership organization open to any individual interested in personality type. APTi Members come from a variety of backgrounds and professions including business and industry, organizational development, religion, education, psychotherapy, and counseling. Members seek to extend the development, research, applications and ethical use of type theory. APTi is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization.
As the independent voice for psychological type, we seek to promote human understanding through the transformative power of type. APTi is a global membership organization committed to advancing the responsible, constructive, and ethical use of personality type through education, training, research, networking, and community.
- High Standards – Serving as the standard bearer for psychological type. Our standards serve as a beacon, lighting and enlightening our journey toward type expertise.
- Organizational Sustainability – Creating an enduring and sustainable organization. Incorporating the best of our rich history as we build and sustain our future, as an organization.
- Integrity – Aligning first with the mission and purpose of APTi over special interests. We optimize first for the interests of our total membership base and then maximize for membership segments.
- Honoring Differences – Embracing, leveraging and learning from our diversity. More than just leveraging our diversity, we honor the gifts of each and all.
- Community – Building knowledgeable and connected communities of type. The heart of our organization is our community, and our commitment is to continually offer enriching and enlightening opportunities and experiences.
- Global Transformation – Unlocking the transformational power of the gifts of type throughout the world. We believe that our obligation to the world is to share the gifts of type and the possibilities those gifts create for the world.